8 September 2009

Reviews from the Fans!

There are a couple mentions of Siobhan I found online, both are of praise! And one review from one of Siobhan's biggest fans Fran from the blog (hope she doesn't mind me posting it!)

"I saw Cabaret this evening and was shocked by how good Siobhan Dillon was. I didn't watch 'Maria' but had heard negative things despite her high placing. She was the best thing about the show"

A little blurb from the hearing aid blogspot

"The stars of the show, a gloriously camp emcee in the shape of Wayne Sleep and runner up Maria (from that ‘How Do You Make Another Million for Lloyd Webber’ programme) Siobhan Dillon were spot on. Siobhan’s voice and acting in particular were first rate, neatly avoiding the musical clichés that so many actors and actresses fall into (over emphasising words, giving it jazz hands all the bloody time, acting rather than living the part…)."

Exactly why I like her she stays away from the cliches! Never knew what exactly it was that I liked about her acting and what I found different from others, but that's it!

Finally a write up from Fran! Thanks Fran:))

Hey!....

I'm back from windy and slightly rainy Birmingham!....
I decided to do the double yesterday and think I may just go and see the show a couple of other times too, just for quality control purposes!....
Well what can I say?.... Well I spotted Anna and Georgina outside the theatre before I'd even gone in to pick up my ticket!....
Anyways I had a nice ticket on the front row right slap bang in the middle!....
So um I'm rather looking forward to the show starting as the last time I saw Siobhan was on the last night of Can't Smile 9 months ago....
Well curtain up!.... The first we see of Siobhan is her flashing past on a ladder screaming!.... Dressed in stockings, suspenders, a pair of pink frilly knickers and a black bra!....
Hmmm ok.... where do we go from there?....
As I'm sure most of you will know Cabaret is a bit of a racy musical, although not as full of nudity as the recent London production.... They seemed to have made this version a little tamer....
The majority of Siobhan's work as Sally is in the first act, she has the numbers "Don't tell Mama", "Mein Herr", "Perfectly Marvelous" and "Maybe This Time" .... She totally nailed all of the songs and although Maybe This Time reminds me of Abi her performance made me grin from ear to ear!.... It was great!....
In the second act her big number is Cabaret and it was fab!.... Nailed it!....
Cabaret is also very hard hitting and as I've just come back from Berlin and visited a concentration camp it was quite weird!....
Infact Siobhan was announced in Cabaret the day I came back!.... Odd!....

7.30 show was just as good, they seemed to add something extra into "Two Ladies" but apart from that it was pretty much the same....

I will say that I'm not a great fan of Wayne Sleep as Emcee.... His diction is terrible!.... Most of the time I had no idea what he was saying!.... I did like Jenny Logan, for those of you that remember the shake and vac lady!.... As Fraulein Schneider.... I also enjoyed Matt Zimmerman's performance as Herr Schultz although sometimes you couldn't hear him too well above the orchestra.... I will also say that although Karl Moffatt's German accent was a bit suspect at times he was very good!.... Same goes for Henry Luxemburg's American accent!.... But I did like him in the part....

Anyways out after the show and to the stage door I go!.... There were a couple of people waiting around so I wasn't alone!....


Anyways hanging around by the stage door and out comes Siobhan!....

With SHORT hair!.... Yep folks she's had it all cut off!....


BUT I must say it does quite suit her, although I was like WHAT!!!!?.... I'd convinced myself she was wearing wig!..


Anyways after talking to the other people there she came over and gave me a hug and told me it was nice to see me!.... So after exchanging pleasantries and her asking if I'd enjoyed the show etc etc.... I asked her about the hair.... She had it cut off about two weeks ago!, said she'd tried a couple of wigs but they didn't look right so the hair had to go!....

She told me about being asked to audition for SOM, I told her I'd love to see her do it and I think she would really love the role too!.... BUT as she said she needs to get this album out!.... she said that she has another 4 songs to record and then its done.... She put it on hold for this three months of Cabaret, Siobhan said she really wanted to do it as it is so different and challenging from other theatre she's done.... So the album is still in production just paused while she does this....

Anyways Siobhan had friends waiting for her and I didn't want to keep her so I thanked her for her time and told her I'd see her again on the tour at some point.... She gave me another hug goodbye and that was it!....


I thought she portrayed Sally very very well.... She was a little sultry and moody in some of her songs which I liked, Maybe this Time, Mein Herr and Cabaret were just fabulous!.... and her acting showed all emotions in the right places!.... Her acting has really come along and I really did enjoy her overall performance..... There were also a lot of people around me at both shows that were commenting on how much they were enjoying Siobhan's performance....

If you get the chance, go see her.... This ONLY a 3 month stint!....

Until next time!....

No comments: