16 September 2008

Siobhan In Maria School

This begins Siobhan's debut as "Golden Girl" and ends in the same hour. Good because I personally hated that nickname. Anybody with me?

In Maria School this is where we got to see the girl's interior, they showed us who they actually were and who they would've been if they were to get into the Top 10. Graham says that Siobhan had started to "unravel" whether it be for her inconvenient cold or just that she wasn't what they had expected. But to me, I see no difference from "Audition Siobhan" to "Maria School Siobhan." I saw the same nerves and disbelief of praise in both episodes which saddens me because of her cold, she had even less confidence in herself. She started off the show with a sample of James Blunt's "Beautiful", and Siobhan might not have believed it but it was truly beautiful! In just those 20 seconds I thought it was 10x better than Blunt's version. Not only did I realize the song should be sung by a woman but Siobhan's disbelief in herself gave the song SO MUCH more meaning. She wasn't even acting, it was all her! Plus not to mention it sounded PERFECT! Everyone in that room was silent and for good reason, they didn't want to miss out on something so angelic. It is definitely what I like to call REWIND PLEASURE!:)

Note to self: - dance class Siobhan was wearing "Abi Blue!" I think that is the color that suits her best! LOL

"MMMM......So it's quite....MMMMMM.......depressing.........MMMMMMMMMM.................to be honest!" - Another humorous quote from our girl, gotta love her!

BTW did anybody else secretly want a Maria School t-shirt to wear? No? Just me? Ok then.....

Well next up Siobhan gets through to the top 20. How amazing must that feel to get through that? I can't imagine that euphoria of hugging everyone in that room and crying on Graham's shoulder. I bet most of them were a total wreck, it is a brutal few days after all. Siobhan says "I can't believe it!" and I won't say that this quote suggests lack of confidence because I don't think anyone of those girls could!

But no time to process the thought for right away they're performing in front of Andy Pandy and his "friends". Siobhan is chosen to close the show, why is that? David's decision possibly? Well she sings "I Could Have Danced All Night" once again and I think it would have been just as good if she believed in what she was singing. Sure she did have a moment in there "I only know when he, began to dance with me" which is another rewind pleasure moment of mine! But because it was out of tune she was very disappointed with herself. You could tell by her face that she hated what she had just sang, which is one thing you do not want to show audience. "If she didn't like if herself, then why should I?" This probably was what lost her out to Emilie. I wonder if Emilie knew she wasn't very good either! Well she was good at hiding it if she did!

8 places gone, 2 left between Siobhan, Laura, and Emilie. I was a bit upset by the way they handled this. If Laura and Emilie were given a last chance to sing in front of the judges to secure a spot then why wasn't Siobhan given the same treatment. Anything could have happened if they did. If she knew the pressure was on for the last two spots, she could have pulled through with a superb "The Hills Are Alive."

But as we know she didn't sing and the film editors got their lucky big twist in the end!

Final Showdown Begins! Of course they leave Siobhan and Emilie until the end. I have to say before the crying begins, there were a lot of subtle but hilarious moments for me. Leanne getting through and then whispering to Siobhan "You got it Babe!" Emilie making eye contact with Siobhan and then suddenly this huge silly grin is pasted on her face. I still can't tell if it is fake of not. Also my favorite! Siobhan and Emilie take to center spot and camera guy has to zoom out 5 feet! LOL Good Times!

About 15 seconds later Siobhan is out and this is the point where all the tissue boxes around the country are being slowly passed around the living rooms. Not to mention Connie's big grin when finding out URGH! God I don't even know what to say to that!

When leaving, Siobhan was very upset about it but she was not surprised saying "give her the boot, you know I would if I was the director."

The thing that gets me the most was when at the very end Briony cheerfully says "That's it, they got their 10!" Siobhan's body language to me was pretty obvious, she wanted to get out of there.


Check out Maria School:


No comments: